The vendors of three of our core tools have recently announced product updates. We will be monitoring and testing (some of) these during the forthcoming months; and will report back on progress.
Two new major updates are currently being planned for later this spring:
1) Updated Basic integration;
- Upgraded Instructors interface, enabling better tracking and monitoring of all scripts in assignments
- Instructors being able to view any requested matched papers from within their own institution – without needing to contact Tii support
- The ability to attach audio feedback to scripts.
2) Direct Integration (currently in beta test). Main features;
- Multi-part and continuous assignment types
- e-rater grammar checker
- removal of the roster synch button
- Export grades to Excel format, user un-mapping ability, ability to recycle /rollover old assignments (with new cohorts)
- Releasing grades only on “Post” date
- Improved support for moving assignments.
Read more here: http://submit.ac.uk/en_us/support/integrations/blackboard-direct
Note: some of the features listed above (e.g. audio feedback, or upgraded instructors interface) will be implemented as standard for the web document viewer, so they will ultimately appear in both the direct and basic integrations.
In addition to the above new features on the horizon are;
- A whole new set of analytics tools will be made available to assignment instructors.
- A phased roll out of fully iPad enabled Turnitin access will begin in spring 2012 through to winter 2013.
- Translated paraphrasing will also be available this year. This relatively new method of converting text into different languages – then back into English, can be now be “checked” to detect this practice.
Book your place on the free Turnitin webinars running spring 2012.