For a little while now we have been having some issues with the Adobe Presenter plugin not appearing in Power Point for some users. This was made particularly strange in that it seemed to work at first but then just disappeared after a while, never to return. It was suggested that this was probably because at some time in the past the plugin crashed and Power Point disabled the plugin to allow Power Point to work and that simply re-enabling the plugin would solve the issue. This has so far worked for every one that we have tried with so I thought I would write this up. Its a very simple fix but one that for a lot of people might not come to mind as an obvious fix.
To re-enable a plugin for Power Point follow the simple steps below:
- Hit the “Office Button” in the top left corner (that new button that replaced the “file” menu option).
- Select “Power Point Options”, located in the middle-bottom on the panel that appears.
- Then select the “Add-Ins” tab.
- Use the drop down menu that appears, selecting “Disabled items” and then hit the “Go” button.
- You are then presented with a list of disabled plug ins. Select the relevant one and hit “Enable”.
On a lighter note How Not to use Power Point.